Call for Abstracts
An important aim of the New Zealand Population Health Congress is to provide opportunities for the population health workforce to present its work to colleagues and wider audiences. You are now invited to submit abstracts for consideration by the Congress Programme Committee.
Please click here to access guidelines that describe the process and steps for submitting an abstract for Congress. The steps you should follow are:
1. Decide on fit with Congress streams
2. Decide on presentation format, i.e. oral, electronic poster or workshop
3. Prepare your abstract using the format provided
4. Submit your abstract by 2 October 2017, which will then be reviewed
5. Revise your abstract, if accepted and revision is needed
6. Register to attend the Congress and arrange personal travel and accommodation
7. Present your paper at the Congress, if accepted for oral presentation
8. Potentially work with the media, if your paper is very topical
9. Revise your abstract for the Congress proceedings, unless you opt out for this.
All abstracts should attempt, where possible, to address the overarching Congress theme of 'Sharing solutions, shaping our future wellbeing' and 'Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari he toa takitini' (My strength is not as an individual, but as a collective). This overarching theme encompasses public health capacity development, creating and maintaining our evidence base, improving inter-sectoral collaboration, working in partnership with communities, and improving our communication and advocacy.
There are three broad streams for the Congress. These are based on the priorities for action identified in the 2014 NZ Population Health Congress Declaration. When submitting your abstract please indicate which stream it falls under. If your abstract does not easily fit one of these streams but you would still like it to be considered, please choose "Other".
1. Addressing climate change and planetary health
2. Giving all children the best start in life
3. Improving population health and reducing health inequities
• Close of abstract submissions: 2 October 2017
• Notification of acceptance of abstracts: from 30 November 2017
Click here to submit your abstract online
Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact:
T: +64 9 525 2464
M: +64 21 918 524